Pinoy Gaming World

Your Complete Gaming Information Site



Your 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Mario got himself some new friends


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play a game you love with a different character out of another game? Crazy right? But I wondered about it too like how about Sonic the Hedgehog in Street Fighter or Goku fighting inside the world of Samurai Showdown. It's a player's dream to see their favorite characters in another game title. Well one player dreamed and took it to another level. He created the game itself. See the video below:




Here's a few words from the game creator, Jay Pavlina:

There’s a few different reasons I decided to make this game. The main reason is that I just wanted to know what it was like to make a game. Second, I really wanted to play a game like this, but it didn’t exist. Also, I wanted to take a break from making movies and try something different.

I already had many of the skills needed to make a game because of my filmmaking background. I was already comfortable with graphics, sound, and animation. The only new thing that I needed to learn was how to program. And that’s basically why this game exists.

The concept originated because I wanted to make a game, but I didn’t want to have to worry about anything besides the programming. That’s where I got the idea to remake an existing game. All of the pieces to the puzzle were already there, I just needed to figure out how to program in order to fit them together. But then I thought, if I’m going to rebuild an entire game, I might as well add stuff to it. Otherwise, I figured all of the work wouldn’t be worth the effort.

I chose Super Mario Bros because that’s the game that spawned everything else. I figured if I knew how to make the original, I could learn how to make anything else based on what I learned. I had always dreamed of characters from one game visiting the world of another game, and since I’d never really seen it done (besides games like Super Smash Bros.), I decided to do it myself. I’m very pleased with how it turned out.

Click here to play the game! Enjoy, I did. :)

0 Response for the "Super Mario Bros. Crossover: Best Remake Ever"